Income tax Return online gets their refund cheque issued by CPC Bangalore. Refunds are issued by two modes:-
1. By crediting the refund amount in Assessee’s bank account if the Assessee has correctly mentioned his bank details in Income tax Return Filed by him.
2. By sending Income Tax Refund Cheque if Assessee failed to submit or correctly mention his bank account details in Income tax Return filed by him.
In case of Physical cheques there may be chances that after filing of Income tax Return Assessee has moved to new address and his Income tax Refund cheque issued by CPC Bangalore returned back for non-delivery. There may also be a chance that although address is not changed but Assessee could not receive the refund order as no one was there on the day when cheque was delivered or Refund cheque returned undelivered by the postal department as the house was locked.
Further in case Assessee has applied for ECS but has entered wrong account details or account of which details been entered is closed and ECS to such account been failed.
Procedure to apply for Reissue of Income tax Refund:
1. Logon on to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your user ID and Password.
2. Go to MY Account then enter to Refund Reissue Request
3. Screen below appears, you need to enter the necessary details and click on submit button
REFUND REISSUE SCREEN:
4. Please refer to the pictorial representation shown below; indicating the CPC reference number and refund sequence number as can be seen in the Order u/s 143(1)/1 54, Income Tax Act, 1961.
Intimation Pictorial Representation:
5. Assessee has two option to apply Refund Reissue – ECS or Paper.
6. ECS Mode: Select mode of Refund reissue, Bank Account Details – Can be changed, if required, category and click submit.
7. Paper Mode: If assesse applies refund reissue through Paper mode. This option envisages the assesse to get refund through cheque to the address selected by the assesse.
8. Refund Reissue related to AY 2008-09 to be applied through response letter to CPC.
- Paper return which were processed at CPC, refund reissue can be applied only through sending response directly to CPC.
- Please note that from AY 2013-14 onwards, Assessee need enter IFSC code instead of MICR code.
- Find below the table with reasons for refund failure at CPC and the resolution there of.