How to claim PMJJBY & PMSBY – Download Claim Forms Online
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) are 2 super hit insurance schemes launched by Govt of India recently. Both the schemes are getting massive promotion to bring more people under insurance coverage, similar to Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme launched prior to that.
PMJJBY is a life insurance policy of 2 lakh for an annual premium of Rs 30 only and PMSBY is an accident insurance scheme of Rs 2 lakh for an annual premium of Rs 12 only. You might have read the benefits or key features of these 2 schemes so far, but did you check out how to claim these insurance policies when death or accident happened?
In this article I will share the claim settlement process, how to download the claim forms and related information about Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
If you follow newspaper daily, then you might have noticed the attached printed forms in any newspaper. You can simply cut those forms and keep with you to use in future whenever insurance claim required. I am following TOI regularly and sharing the same from that paper.
You can also download the claim forms from individual bank’s website or collect the claim forms from the bank branch itself, in which you have opened PMSBY and PMJJBY. Bank people will help you to handle the claim form also.
In other way, one can also download the claim settlement forms of PMSBY and PMJJBY from jansuraksha.gov.in. Click on individual schemes and you will find 2 forms listed. One is application form and other one is claim form.
The forms are available in various languages, like Bengali, English, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil, Telegu. You can download the claim form in your preferred language.
How to claim PMSBY and PMJJBY?
The first thing one have to ensure that, both the schemes are offering 2 different types of claims. So in case you are facing some accidental disability then you should approach PMSBY and in case any unfortunate death, one have to approach with PMJJBY.
Check out the few basic steps to follow while claiming any of these 2 insurance scheme:
- For Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), you have to provide the death certificate with the claim form. If the death is not natural, then you might have to submit the postmortem report.
- For Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), you have to provide couple of documents to prove the accident & disability. Original copy of FIR of the accident. Means you should file a police case immediately in case such accident happen. In case of permanent disability, submit disability certificate from civil surgeon.
- You have to submit the discharge voucher from hospital with the prescribed format.
- Submit the claim as early as possible to your bank where you have opened these schemes. Bank will file your claim within 30 days of claim receipt.
- As per process, banks will process your insurance claim in 30 days and disburse the amount to your nominee. But in real-time this time may vary depending on the complexity of the claim.
This may not be such simple to claim any of these insurance schemes, as the number of people approaching in coming years will increase like anything. And then Govt may have to be ready with more efficient process, if any problem with the current process.
In case you have any query related to Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) claim settlement process, you can call national toll free number – 180011001 / 18001801111 or state toll free no. 18004258933.
If you have not enrolled for PMJJBY and PMSBY, then you can do that before 31st August 2015, as no Certificate of Good Health is required. Share your query or any experience to make this content worth for readers.