Who can use ITR-1 form for filing income tax return?

ITR-1 Form (or called as SAHAJ) is very simple and easy to use Income tax form.

Who can use the ITR-1 Form for Previous Year 2014-2015 ( AY 2015-2016)

ITR–1 Form is to be used by an Individual having income from following sources:

  • Income from Salary/ Pension
  • Income from One House Property (not being brought forward losses from previous years)
  • Income from Other Sources (not being income from lottery or race horses)

Moreover, in case any income of spouse, minor child, etc. gets clubbed with the income of the assessee, then ITR–1 can be used only if the clubbed income falls into the above income source.

Who cannot use the ITR–1 Form

ITR–1 Form should not be used by an Individual if his total income consists of:

  • Income from more than one house property
  • Income from Winnings from lottery or income from Race horses
  • Income ( not exempt from tax) under Capital Gains
  • Income exceeding Rs. 5,000 from agricultural business
  • Income exceeding Rs. 5,000 from Exempt Income ( In other words, if assessee claims exemption in respect of any income under sections 10, 10A, 10AA, etc.)
  • Income from Business or Profession
  • Losses which has to be carried forward
  • Person claiming relief of foreign tax paid under section 90, 90A or 91
  • An individual who is a resident having assets (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India.

In these cases, Income tax Assessee has to use either ITR 2 or ITR4.

Visit here to download Income tax Form 1


Points to be noted:

  1. No documents are required to be affixed with any ITR Forms.
  2. ITR Forms can be filed either manually or electronically, with or without digital signature, with the Income Tax Department.
  3. For Assessment year 2015-2016, every person  to e-file Income Tax Return  (Electronic Income tax Return) if its total income exceeds Rs. 5,00,000.

Need Assistance in Filing Income tax return, Contact us now.

Just upload your form 16/ or 16 A, make payment and relax. We will do all calculations and File Income tax Return or you. Visit here to file Income tax Return