What documents are required to correctly assesses and file your income tax return online?
While no documents need to be attached when filing an income-tax return, you need to do all the supporting paperwork and retain the records as you will have to produce them if your case comes up for scrutiny.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN),
- Salaried employees need Form 16
- Form No. 16A, which is also a TDS certificate issued for tax deduction on income from sources other than salary, from all those who have deducted tax at source, such as banks where you have term deposits.
- Details of all bank accounts operated during the year with details of deposits, withdrawals and interest earned.
- Any other Income you have earned
- Investment proofs if not considered by your employer like HRA, LTA, Investment U/s 80C, Home loan on house property
- Aadhar Card No. is required to be mentioned in Tax return from Assmt year 2015-2016.
- It is always advisable to view your 26AS form before filing your income tax return. You can view your 26 AS form by loggin to efiling site.